EDIT: Being rehomed to Happy-tails , slightly older
Name: Akiyama, Haru
Date of birth: March 9
What year they're in: 1st
Height: 1,59m / 5’3’
Home or boarding school: Boarding school*
Club: Traditional Art
meek nature/ kind/warm/ spiritual/ creative / shy/ insecure/ not fussy/ sensitive
In a nutshell
Haru is a kind, but shy person. He’s insecure and tries to keep himself away from attention. His outlet in life is art. He has a love for all things beautiful and likes to indulge in it.
Haru is a meek, but kind person. He doesn’t like to make a fuss as he tries to stay away from public attention. Shy and insecure, he finds it difficult to seek contact with other people and he feels awkward in social situations. Making up for this he is good in reading people and he’s sensitive to other’s feelings. Intuitively he picks up on intentions and motivation of other people, even though he doesn’t always consciously registers it. He doesn’t really know if he always was able to do this or that the ability formed out of self-preservation. Sometimes he finds himself understanding others better than he understands himself. Once he gets to know them that is.
Haru is a very spiritual person. He thinks that everything is connected and part of the bigger whole. He calls it the universe and thinks it’s the same thing other’s may call their gods or the forces of nature. Because of this he sees everyone as equals and treats them respectfully when he needs to interact with them. He also feels close to nature, liking to spent time outside and with animals. His creativity is for a great deal inspired by it.
Art is a way for Haru to express himself. He spends countless hours painting and drawing. Occasionally he also tries other stuff like writing and crafting. Another thing he does is writing in his diary, one of his most prized possessions.
Haru doesn’t have a lot of ambition in his life. He’s on a silent and solitary quest for acceptance and warmth and he has few plans for the future. The few he has, he’s willing to fight for. He has no illusions about getting any breaks in life and has resigned himself to that.
Never being the one to jump into something, Haru carefully navigates himself through life. While open to new things, everything is thought over and when found doable, things are cautiously tested. Suddenly being pulled out of the familiar, leaves him uncomfortable.
Haru is initially not aggressive. His first reaction will always be to run at the first sight of confrontation. If cornered and frightened however he’ll attack with all he has got, until there a line of escape. When that doesn’t work he’ll quickly slink back and curl up best as he can. When the attack is with words, he’ll just take the verbal beating, acting like he doesn’t hear, until he can get away.
In front of the public he tries to keep a neutral insensitive front up, not showing what excites and what hurts him. With people he loves however he loses that inhibition, being very expressive. The only thing he still tends to hide with them is when they upset him. The easiest way to ‘click’ with him, is sharing one of his views on life. He’s quite the philosopher and enjoys long and deep talks on different subjects. He’s very committed and dependable friend, being very grateful when people want to spend their emotional time on him. If he feels mistrusted however, he’ll return the disloyalty. He’s unlikely to approach a stranger himself without a good reason, but will be friendly when one tries talking to him. When you form a relationship with him, he can seem unwilling at the start and most effort will be yours. This is not the case however. He just feels ‘unworthy’ and needs some convincing before he himself believes someone would actually want to interact with him. Before that Haru feels like he’s bothering you if he’d ask to do something with him or approach you randomly.
Romantic love and everything that comes with it is still unchartered territory for Haru. Spending most of his live trying to not be seen, nobody ever took notice of him that way. Haru himself is a little too shy to take the first step. Because he is used to spending most of the time alone, he daydreams a lot. He secretly believes in ‘the one’, but also is fond of scolding himself for believing so.
+ Art – drawing and painting
+ Making up stories
+ Music – preferably not too loud and with a nice melody
+ Animals and small kids – They are not judgmental
+ Summer – His preferred season. He feels most energized then
+ Looking at pretty things – can be anything: animals, flowers, humans, landscapes, art, …
+ Flowers – secretly, cause he’s afraid people will tease him for liking such a girly thing
+ Listening books – While he dislikes reading, he still likes the stories
+ Sappy cliché movies with happy endings
+ Cartoons – but only if they have a plot and are nicely drawn
- Public attention – He keeps a low profile to avoid the disapproving glances and teasing of others
- Cold – he gets cold easily
- His height - Has issues with his height. He hopes he still is gonna grow a bit
- Winter – While he loves the holidays and the beautiful landscapes when it snows, he’s sick most often during this season. The cold and sickness drain his energy
- Dark – He’s afraid of it, after an incident that happened during a camping trip in elementary school. He has a night light.
- Thunder storms – Thoroughly scared by them when he was little, now he gets very nervous. His father told him that every once in a while an orb of fire would form, that would scorch everything that moved. Although he learned these cases were small to non-existent, he never shook off the feeling
- Reading – because of his dyslexia
- His glasses – he used to get teased for them
- Scaaaary movies – he’ll watch when someone suggests it, but won’t sleep properly for a few nights
Haru’s mother is a painter, his father works in business, gathering and interpreting customer data. He was born a tad too early, so he was a bit of a runt and he often used to be sick in his early days. At age two he was diagnosed with myopia. He would run into things and had slight problems with motor skill development. Glasses fixed that. His mother and father argued a lot when he was smaller and they divorced when he was age 8. The constant arguments had left him quite timid and after the divorcement, he became even more withdrawn. Being held back a year in the first year of elementary school because of his dyslexia, his peers thought he was stupid. His timid and shy nature, small frame, weird behavior and his glasses, quickly made him the victim of bullies. Even so he fought back, but it would only get him into trouble with the teachers instead of the bullies. Ignoring and becoming invisible became his new means of protection, but it only fully showed its effectiveness around age 12. They moved in with his mother’s new boyfriend, Takashi, then and he started attending a new school in Hida-shi. The man already had two children of his own, leaving him with a little brother and sister, respectively 2 and 3 years younger. Now he‘s enrolling in Miyagawa High, a very nerve-racking experience considering he will be boarding and thus leaving his mother’s wings for the first time in his life.
Rina Minami - mother: Haru is definitely a momma’s boy and even though he’s 17, she still treats him like a little child sometimes. Of all people he’s most attached to her.
Souma Akiyama - father: When his parents divorced, Haru was put under his mother’s care, thus separating him from his father. Even though his mom gave Souma permission to see his son, the relationship between the two was strained. His dad had to work a lot and there was little time to visit. When Souma moved to the city to go live there with his new girlfriend, Haru became pretty much alienated from his father. There’s still the occasional phone call, but the contact is awkward.
Takashi Miyamoto - stepfather: Haru is pretty okay with his stepfather, though there was the initial dislike of him butting into his and his mom’s little family, effectively taking some of her attention away from him. He’s a good man however and he did his best involving Haru into the new family. While he has grown fond of him, sometimes there’s still awkwardness between them. He was taught to call him ‘Papa’.
Nanami (Nami) Miyamoto - stepsister: Nanami is three years younger than Haru and his biggest pest at home. Nami seems to take great joy in pestering him and trying to rile him up, making him avoid her as best as he can. When it comes down to it, she’s gonna kick your but if you hurt him. Apperently it’s something only she can do.
Takahiro (Taka) Miyamoto - stepbrother: Two year younger than Haru, Taka still acts like the older brother. He’s the one that’s cheering Haru up when he’s down and pushing him to be a little more open and have fun. The two can often be found hanging out together.
Future half-sister/brother: His mother announced she was pregnant again, much to the kids shock. She is six months pregnant now. Haru has a bit of a double feeling about it. He supposes he should be happy, but he can’t help, but feel that the baby will become the new favorite at home, getting him pretty much ignored.
Mei ito - father’s girlfriend: Haru has only seen her once or twice. She holds no real interest in him and in return he holds no interest in her.
Mishi and Mako– pet bunnies: Well, they’re his two pet bunnies. He likes watching them and he tries to teach them some tricks and stuff.
Dumpling – family dog: Haru loves Dumpling, you may see him cuddling with her and walking her. Around Dumpling he’s more confident.
Preferred activities: Art, listening to music, spending time outside, daydreaming.
- Has dyslexia.
- Needs glasses. (myopia -5,25 and -5,50). He wears contacts (one-day disposables) during the day and glasses at night.
- He doesn’t really like people looking at his art, afraid of their opinions. He gets flustered if someone comments on it, even if it’s a positive remark.
- His writings are full of spelling mistakes.
- He just wants to build a nice family in the future. In the future he sees himself a kindergarten teacher, as he is fond of small children. He thinks they have a certain openness and not judging attitude that elder kids and adults lack.
- Respects the law and rules. Gets nervous when others don’t.
- Isn’t the best student at school. Languages are difficult for him, because of his dyslexia. He isn’t too great at math either.
- While good with people’s emotions and intention, he has a hard time picking up on hints. Double meanings also go above his head most of the time. When talking about emotions, it are the basic ones like sad and happy, deeper ones he doesn’t pick up. With intentions good or bad ones are meant. It makes it easier for him to get away in time when someone approaches him with mal intent. He can be fooled.
- Uses his full range of senses to perceive the world. Smell, touch and sound are important to him. Aside from how something looks, those things play an important role in the things he prefers. Vision is still his number one thing, he couldn’t live without his glasses/contacts as he loves watching beautiful things.
- When angry, hurt or tired, he likes to seek comfort in his personal spaces.
- He likes to decorate his room with stuff he likes. It isn’t your typical teenage boy’s room.
- Prone to colds and flu, especially during winter.
- He’s insecure about a lot of stuff, including his body. He would like to be muscular build and tone, but he’s not. He covers up his body with his clothes and feels uncomfortable when he has to take them off (take the swimming pool for instance).
- Not very strong, but fast. Can jump pretty high considering his height.
- He has poor stamina and longer exercises leave him out of breath. He’d like to work on it, but feels uncomfortable with running in public. He has the feeling people are looking at him.
- Thanks the earth for his food, before he eats. He switches between vegetarian and ‘normal’ diet out of respect to the animals. When eating meat he takes a moment to apologize to his brother/sister (aka the animal) on top off his normal thank-words.
-* Even though Miyagawa High is located in his home town, (name) stays in the dorms during the school week. This was his stepfather’s idea. He hopes it will get (name) to be more independent and open up a little. (name) is miffed about the whole ordeal. He’s allowed to come home during the weekend. Mom’s compromise to cheer up her little angel
would you like to rp with me? (o´ω｀o)
(PS: Who's your character? )
Could you maybe sent a note, cause I'm on my phone and it's a pain to navigate through that.
I like his glasses too, but he only wears them in the evening sadly, because he had bad expierence with them when he was younger. Or in spring when pollen give him trouble and contacts irritate his eyes further
But if I get in you can definitly count on some pictures with his glasses!